अपडेट किया गया: 1 फ़र. 2019
Now a days biggest boom in energy sector is Solar PV Plant, you might have observed Solar Modules fitted on various rooftops at a certain angle towards sun which looks something like this:
How much energy it can produce?, what is the efficiency of these modules/panels?, from where to get it installed?, how many appliances you can run on it? This article will help you to understand basics of rooftops solar plants along with benefits attached to it!
Rooftop Solar Plants more accurately Solar Pv Plants are broadly classified as following on the basis of functions they perform:-
1. On Grid/Grid Tied Solar PV Plants.
2. Off Grid Solar PV Plants.
3. Hybrid Solar PV Plants.
Now, depending on the way or site where they get installed are classified as follows:
1. Rooftop Solar PV Plant.
2. Ground Mounted Solar PV Plant.
3.Floating Solar PV Plant.
Here we will broadly talk about On Grid/Grid Tied Solar PV Plant. To start with, an On Grid Solar PV Plant works on a simple concept called net metering.
Now, what is net-metering?
Under net metering policy any registered end consumer with rooftop ownership can install a Solar PV Plant on rooftop and get it connected with the grid with the help of a Bi-Directional Meter (popularly known as net meter, installed by electricity department itself on successfully completing required documentation). Usually if installed by a reputed solar company they take care of all liaison work with various departments on client's behalf. Bi- directional meter is a two way meter capable of monitoring both import & export readings unlike traditional unidirectional meter which generates bill for import readings only. By adjusting export & import readings you get "Net Readings" for which you will get charged by your discom by the end of the month. Simple!
Life of Plant!
Almost all reputed solar modules manufacturer provide performance warranty of at least 25 years, where as whole system comes with standard maintenance contracts ranging from 1 to 5 years. Since there is no moving part involved in the plant, the only care it needs is timely cleaning of modules to avoid dust from downgrading overall generation of the plant.
Reduction in Electricity bill!
As we all know electricity tariffs in most of the states is divided into slabs which specifically mentions high rates for higher slabs.
According to a concept note by concept note published by DERC in September, 2000 says that electricity tariff in Delhi, UP & Haryana was INR 1.00, 1.80 & 2.6/unit respectively in lowest slab and INR 3.00, 2.80 & 3.06/unit respectively in slab ranging upto 800 units, where as lowest tariff slab in Delhi today is INR 3/Unit & INR 7.30/unit in slab range from 400-800 units after 18 years. Essence of above data is "Delhites experienced 7.7 % increase in electricity tariffs year on year".
So, if you install a Solar PV Plant on your barely used rooftop you can can capitalize on your investment in few simple but mostly hidden ways without much effort:-
1. Free Electricity- Whatever is being generated on your rooftop is completely yours and completely free for next 25 years, say, you installed a 5 kWp Solar PV Plant which can directly save you upto 13-16 Lacs in it's warranted life of next 25 years.
2. Erosion of top tariff slab- If your consumption is constantly puts you on top tariff slabs and if you are able to generate even just 100-300 units monthly by installing a Solar PV Plant then it might give you big relief from bills by not just consuming through direct generation but also by getting charged for remaining units in lower tariff slabs than usual.
3. Freedom from tariff hikes- As discussed already how dramatically tariffs increased over the period of time, recently Bihar announced 5% hike in tariffs, Uttrakhand increased it's electricity tariff by 2.5%, Manipur by 7.2% and Maharashtra by whooping 11%.
4. Reduced Carbon footprints- An average size of 5 kWp Solar PV PLant installed by you can help earth to reduce carbon footprints by 5.15 tonnes(approx.) on annual basis. Imagine if we all can join hands to take this clean energy initiative, what can be achieved.
Concluding it short and simple, it's not just helping about electricity bills. ultimately it's call of the day to take a simple and small step towards sustainability.